Welcome parents, pupils, partners and potential new friends to our website. We are delighted to now have our young people back in school and we are determined to give them as positive an experience as we can, under the circumstances. Protocols are in place to keep pupils and staff safe and these will lead to some inconvenience and loss in teaching time as we endeavour to keep all of our facilities as clean as possible. Routines have also change somewhat, with young people being outside far more, weather permitting, and they have been very understanding and responsible in their response to this. Many classrooms may also look a little different but the pupils will be met by the same friendly faces and with the same high degree of professionalism and caring they have come to expect. Our Faculty of Wellbeing, Equality and Inclusion are also constantly on the lookout for any specific support young people may need as they navigate these difficult times.
Please support us by ensuring:
- No-one attends who is ill at all
- All pupils leave home with a mask, unless exempt
- All pupils arrive in uniform, but with suitable clothes for all weather types- water-tight shoes (not canvas) and layers.
- Where possible we would appreciate maintaining uniform guidelines with pullovers etc, i.e. black garments.
- You keep us informed of your most up to date information, in the event that there are symptoms or a diagnosis within your family.
- No-one attends with any symptoms of Covid 19
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
We will keep you informed as regularly as possible. The website works in conjunction with our social media outlets on Facebook and Twitter and our formal systems via the Xpressions app, email and traditional methods and I am in regular contact with our Parent Council, who have been supporting our efforts throughout this crisis. All of our pupils have work in all of their subjects on Google Classrooms. Please ask your young people to show you their work and feel free to feedback to us on this. We are continuing to support staff with this as we learn together how best to utilise this technology but the learning curve has been sharp and the positivity and hard-work of staff has been crucial. We will continue to develop our skills in this area to ensure we are prepared for all eventualities.
Look after yourselves, your families and each other.